Symptoms for Allergic Asthma
Allergic asthma usually occurs as a result of the allergens which are present in the atmosphere. And as a result of these allergens which might be anything from roaches to pet dander, to dead skin to dust, molds, fungus and many more symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing, wheezing etc. are triggered.
What are the Symptoms for Allergic Asthma and what are its causes
Inhaling the allergens present in the external environment might trigger the asthmatic symptoms. Due to these triggers, the air pipe of the lung becomes inflamed and swollen. And this is typically narrated using symptoms like wheezing, tightness of chest, shortness of breath, coughing etc. According to the available stats, 65 to 70 % of humans who suffer from asthma tend to show some form of sensitivity to one of the allergens. However, it should be noted that, not everything that you are sensitive to will cause the symptoms of asthma to progress.
Triggers of the Allergic Asthma
If you think you suffer or are showing some of the symptoms of allergic asthma, you need to visit the allergist immediately and get yourself diagnosed. These diagnoses will help you identify your trigger points which can help you avoid them. Some of the triggers are easy to identify, such as pet dander, due to which your body shows some reaction as soon as you pass a house or enter a room. However, certain triggers cannot be identified easily and a proper diagnosis is required so that you can avoid them to as much extent as possible. Some of the other forms of triggers and the number of people who suffer from around the world include:
- Dust mites: 36.3 %
- Bermuda grass: 15.9 %
- Rye grass: 33.1 %
- Cat dander: 26.9 %
- Dog dander: 24.4 %
- Cockroaches: 10.5 %
- Short ragweeds: 10.7 %
- Alternaria or molds: 10 %
- White oaks: 9 %
Controlling the Allergic Asthma
Allergy medications are something which need to be taken in order to get treated with the allergic asthma. And the following guidelines need to be followed:
- Avoid allergic triggers as much as possible: One needs to keep away from the trigger points as much as possible once they understand about it. Also the following things can be practiced:
- Dinner table needs to be used and eaten at, so as to keep all the pests away. And these pests are attracted to the crumbs of food, which are a result of dropped foods.
- Floors need to be cleaned on a daily basis so as to ensure hygiene and cleanliness.
- Any form of leaks of the taps need to be fixed to ensure that the molds, fungi and water pests are kept in check
- Covers on pillows and mattresses are an absolute must. These help in keeping the dust mites in check
- UsingHEPA filters to ensure clean air
- Wearing a mask if need be while out of home
- Avoiding the pets as much as possible even in the nature
- Control asthma: Use medications suggested by doctor to keep asthma in check